While we’re here in Amsterdam for IBC 2013, we wanted to share a bit about what we’ve been working on and what we’re demonstrating at the show…
The big announcement is that we’re just about to start shipping the latest upgrades to our EVO shared storage system for video editors. We’re launching a new interface for users, doubling the number of disks EVO can support per node, upgrading our automatic project locking features, improving FCPX compatibility for new workflows, and much more.
EVO v5.5 introduces a new rich client interface enabling your users to search across all EVO storage as well as local, offline, and other network disks. Files can now be indexed on the fly, and users can more easily find, preview, and share media assets and projects. EVO v5.5 even gives you the capability to securely ingest and migrate data using built-in verification tools!
Read today’s press release on the EVO v.5.5 announcement.
New EVO v.5.5 features include:
- Search, Index, Verify & Preview assets
- Search offline & local storage
- Scheduled & on the fly Indexing
- Mix SSD, SAS, and SATA disks
- Up to 64 disks per EVO node
- Dynamic workspace resizing
- Active Directory / LDAP Integration
TOP 5 REASONS TO LOVE EVO
Here’s why EVO is the choice of industry experts and top professionals…
- Manage: Search, index, verify, and preview your assets
- Collaborate: Avid project & bin sharing, Adobe project sharing, FCP X & Pro Tools sharing
- Connect: Mix 1 & 10GbE iSCSI and NAS, 4/8 and 16Gb Fibre Channel SAN
- Scale: Start with 2TB – grow to Petabytes, start with 1 user – grow to hundreds
- Repurpose: Manage & bridge existing storage
This is our 10th year at IBC! If you’re at the show please stop by Stand 7.A03 and meet us.
Eric Newbauer: September 13, 2013 at 10:22 am in Blog