Improved production-playout pipeline
From capture to playout, shared storage plays an important role by providing a link between creative workgroups in editorial and graphics and your live production team. The EVO takes it even further by providing automation and media management features that help streamline the entire process from production to playout.
Growing file replays with Ross Abekas Mira
The Ross-certified EVO shared storage solution provides a high-speed centralized storage location for camera feeds captured from Abekas Mira during live events and sports broadcasts.
Mira exports up to six of those video sources as growing MXF media files directly to high-performance EVO shared storage volumes, where the post production team can begin editing complex highlight packages that become available to the director for use later in the broadcast.
EVO and Mira Overview
- EVO and Mira provide a dynamic and powerful broadcast replay and editorial workflow
- EVO enables quick and secure editorial and delivery of event footage
- Edit growing .MXF files as they are being written
- Directly connect multiple Adobe Premiere Pro, FCPX, Avid, and other workstations to EVO over Ethernet
Using EVO with XPression Motion Graphics Systems
Using EVO with XPression unlocks a streamlined workflow and offers redundant configurations, which are particularly important for broadcast. EVO handles multiple sources in the file creation/post environment for source redundancy. Multiple EVO systems can be used for storage redundancy, and multiple XPression systems can access the same file for playout redundancy. Further, EVO is available with flexible port configurations for network path redundancy.
The XPression-certified EVO storage solution provides direct-attached Gigabit Ethernet and 10GbE connections from XPression to EVO with performance that enables a more streamlined workflow between creative service workgroups and playout — scalable all the way to multi-channel enterprise environments.
EVO and XPression Overview
- EVO provides an accelerated operational link between creative services and live production broadcast.
- EVO supports 4 playout streams per GbE-connected XPression.
- XPression can record baseband HD-SDI video directly to EVO.
- EVO supports up to 28 direct-connect XPression engines via GbE for enterprise scalability.
- Multiple XPression systems can access the same files concurrently for playout redundancy.