Studio Network Solutions (SNS) and NewTek today announced NewTek Remote Storage — Powered by SNS. The new product line, known as NRS, is based on the Studio Network Solutions EVO server and is fully integrated into the NewTek product ecosystem. The relationship brings Studio Network Solutions’ 20 years of expertise in shared media storage and post-production workflows to the NewTek brand and uniquely positions NewTek to provide a single vendor solution for live media production.
Today’s announcement shows a continuing interest by NewTek to pursue relationships with well-established companies whose products complement the workflows of NewTek’s broad customer base, which spans from the NHL to the Department of Homeland Security and includes more than 80% of the U.S. Fortune 100. NRS will enable teams to capture media directly to RAID protected shared storage, where editors, producers, and other users can access and share recorded content. The hardware and software powering NRS systems have been engineered by Studio Network Solutions to handle simultaneous ingest, editorial, and playback of media.
NRS is fully equipped for SDI, IP, and hybrid production workflows, and will give users the ability to both record and playback video over IP via NDI®, NewTek’s Network Device Interface technology that enables products to communicate, deliver, and receive broadcast quality video over standard gigabit TCP/IP networks. The system can playback up to four video streams directly over IP, which is the equivalent of four additional NewTek DDRs, without any separate hardware.
“In our effort to broaden our product offerings and provide more complete solutions for our customers, NewTek is thrilled to be partnering with a best-of-breed remote storage provider like SNS,” said Brian Olson, Vice President of product management for NewTek. “Our business partners were already building successful NewTek systems with SNS storage, so it was a natural fit to be able to provide a NewTek-branded single-vendor solution to simplify purchasing and support. SNS makes quality products and has a great reputation for building innovative workflows that empower their customers, which is totally in line with NewTek’s spirit of innovation and corporate mission.”
NewTek Remote Storage – Powered by SNS will be available in 3 models:
- NRSD — a 4-bay 24TB desktop system designed for teams that require a small equipment footprint and portability
- NRS8 — an 8-disk 48TB short-depth (18″) 4RU rack-mounted system designed for flight packs, OB trucks, and environments with limited rack depth
- NRS16 — a 16-disk 96TB 3RU rack-mounted system for teams looking to accommodate a large number of simultaneous users or more scalable storage capacities
Media Management Included
One of the greatest advantages of Studio Network Solution’s EVO systems is the included software and workflow tools developed by SNS. ShareBrowser, an intuitive media management software included with EVO systems, allows users connected to EVO storage to tag, comment, search, preview, and index all of their media assets—enabling a more organized production workflow. ShareBrowser is included with every EVO system, and customers purchasing NRS will also get unlimited licenses of the software to install on as many workstations as needed.
- Available in three unique form factors
- Record NDI directly to secure shared storage volumes
- Send clips to multiple NDI channels
- Edit recorded content with connected Adobe Premiere, Avid, FCPX, and other workstations
- Unlimited licenses of ShareBrowser media management software
- Network expansion options include a six-port 1GbE card and two-port 10GbE card
- NRS is compatible with TriCaster TC1®, NewTek IP Series live production systems, and 3Play® 3P1 video replay systems
- NewTek Remote Storage can be part of a single-vendor solution from NewTek
- NRS systems are applicable for a wide variety of applications including news production and live sports
To learn more about NRS, contact Studio Network Solutions at 314-733-0551, or visit https://www.newtek.com/ip-series/ for more info.
About Studio Network Solutions (SNS)
Studio Network Solutions provides industry-leading shared storage hardware and software for media production teams. EVO Shared Storage is a complete networked server solution that combines a high-performance storage array with an extensive video workflow tool set including Adobe® Premiere® Pro project locking, Apple® Final Cut Pro X® library sharing, native Avid® Media Composer® bin and project sharing, automation, cloud integration, and easy-to-use asset management with EVO’s ShareBrowser application.