Free upgrade brings redesigned GUI and significant new features for Fibre and iSCSI SAN sharing
St. Louis, Missouri, February 10, 2009 – Studio Network Solutions (SNS), a premier provider of post-production storage systems for audio and video, today announced the immediate availability of SANmp® version 3.0, a significant new release of its leading volume-sharing software for Fibre Channel and iSCSI SANs.
SANmp enables computers to concurrently share massive amounts of data over high-speed Fibre and iSCSI Storage Networks, resulting in a dramatically faster workflow since all users can capture, record and edit directly onto their storage system, eliminating the need to copy files locally. SANmp requires no servers or metadata controllers, which makes it a perfect choice for companies that need a SAN sharing solution that requires minimal administrative overhead. SANmp is simple to install and use, meaning it can transform a SAN into a shared storage system within minutes.
“We have listened to our users’ comments about how they work with SANmp and what improvements they wanted to see. SANmp version 3.0 incorporates many of our users’ feature requests, as well as enhanced performance and improved usability. There’s also a major redesign of the user interface, with much attention given not only to the visual aspects of the UI, but also to make it incredibly intuitive and responsive. All SANmp users can benefit from this free upgrade,” said Eric Newbauer, Vice President of Studio Network Solutions.
New features of SANmp version 3.0 include:
- Completely redesigned Admin and Client GUIs that provide a greatly enhanced user experience and make SANmp even easier to use. For example, users have faster access to the most important information about the SAN and, in addition to the Classic view, can now take advantage of the more intuitive layout of the new Group view
- Redesigned drive icons for the Mac Desktop that now offer a helpful at-a-glance indication of the status of the mounted volumes
- New tool tips and shortcut key combinations making it possible to operate SANmp without ever touching a mouse
- Complete separation of the command line interface (CLI) and GUI. Users can now launch the CLI and GUI totally independent of one another
- Compatibility with OS X Tiger and Leopard, Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 2003
- Supports major Mac/PC applications including Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Avid and Pro Tools.
SANmp version 3.0 is available as a free upgrade to all current SANmp users. This latest new release of SANmp can be purchased through SNS resellers worldwide. Version 3.0 is also now included with other SNS products, such as the new EVO® shared storage system, and the Ellipse® Fibre Channel HBA/SANmp bundle.
To see screen shots of the new GUI and for more information about the latest release, visit www.studionetworksolutions.com
Studio Network Solutions (SNS) specializes in the development of shared storage hardware and software solutions for the Media and Entertainment industry. Since day one we’ve applied unmatched ingenuity and experience to create outstanding products that exceed industry expectations while providing outstanding support to our customers.
Our customers range in size from individual freelance engineers to multinational media powerhouses. Our solutions are used to produce everything from books on tape to full track scoring for major Hollywood films. Our products have been at the technical core of the music you listen to, the games you play, the shows you watch and the movies you see.
We have a valued network of resellers located throughout the United States… and the world. Whether you have a product question or you’re ready to place an order, we encourage you to contact us today.